Monday, January 13, 2014

What's a Winebrary?

Winebrary: it's like a library, full of valuable information, but with books you can drink. No membership card required, and you can be as loud as you like.

I don't know about you, but that's a concept I can definitely get behind.

Wine can be a bit intimidating, especially for those who are just starting out on their wine-drinking careers. Trust me, I know. In May of 2011 I applied for a job at a wine store, with very little wine knowledge and even less experience actually drinking it. You can imagine my embarrassment and panic as I struggled to answer questions like, "What grape varietals are in this Meritage?", and, "What wine should I serve with my curry dish this evening?".

Fortunately for both me and my customers, I've learned a little bit about wine over the past few years. I've had the opportunity to taste more wines than I can count, visit beautiful vineyards across Canada, and learn from people who have earned their wine connoisseur badge after years of experience in the field.

Stay tuned for all things wine-related, including reviews, food pairings, how to's, and more!

3 comments:

  1. Teach me how to like wine that doesn't have a plastic cork please hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The word "Winebrary" is cool. It makes me thing of an old library with high ceilings with people drinking and tasting wines.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Charm'tastic Mile, that's exactly the vision I had in mind when I started this blog. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete